I’m gonna be honest with you guys – I barely read anything on the internet this week because I was so busy. Every morning when I logged into my work calendar it looked more like a game of tetris than a day where a gal could get some shit done. Any breaks I did have were spent slouching in my chair staring at my computer screen trying to think of at least one small task I could get done in my rare 30 min break from meetings. So! I’m gonna share a few links that are hanging out in my Instapaper and my to-do list for the weekend. The weekend to-do list is one of my favorite posts Anna does at Door Sixteen because it made me realize I’m not the only overly ambitious person when it comes to weekend plans. Here I go:
- Order paint samples so I can test them in my bedroom.
- Order my new bed. Finally. I mean, I’ve wanted it since last year.
- Order these knobs and these knobs for my bedroom dresser.
- Order a cow hide for the bedroom rug. (I’m working on completing my bedroom, in case you’re seeing a theme here.)
- Re-measure the dimensions for a media unit a friend is building for me!
- Clean the apartment.
- Pay bills. (ugh)
- Clean up my twitter lists – digital-life cleaning has been a theme the last couple weekends. Almost as satisfying as washing dishes.
- Sleep. Like a boss.
- See my friends.
It’s not an unachievable list, but when you’re laying there, becoming one with your couch, the last thing you want to do is bust out the ol’ credit card and start droppin cash. Ah well. It’ll feel so good to get it all done.
Here’s what I’ll be reading this weekend – in addition to finishing off the last 200 pages of A Dance with Dragons, the fifth book of the A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones) series. I will cry when I’m done, but I have a stack of new books to nurse me through it.
Want to know more about Sgt. Cory Rambsburg, the soldier President Obama introduced us to at the State of the Union?
POTUS is working on changing the way we eat.
Who is Cathy McMorris Rodgers? (aka the woman who delivered the Republican response to SOTU)
I am just fascinated by the Ezra Klein/Vox story.
Ever heard of Michelle Smith? Hardly anyone has, but she’s the woman who #GSD at the Fed.
The secret to motivating anyone you work with.
23 resources for cheap or free travel. (Calgon, take me away.)
Photo: Me! (Alejandra Owens)