Hi guys! I’m a wee bit sick and have had a completely crazy week at work. It’s been fun though, all things considered. The BF moved in last week…he’s here all summer doing lawyerish type stuff…and I’m happy as a clam!
We ran away to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware for a few days and grilled and cooked our little hearts out. I have so many recipes to share…I just need to kick this strep throat first. Hopefully this weekend :)
Anyone have great restaurant reservations? Big cooking plans? Anything we’re looking forward to at the farmers market this weekend? Share! In the meantime, here’s a few links and some food blogger lurve for you to ponder over as you plan your weekend cooking:
- I don’t know about you, but I DIE for artichokes…oddly enough, I remember eating these thorny thistles when I was little and would slather them in mayo! The Kitchn did a fab round of tips, tricks and recipes for artichokes.
- These lemon cream pie cupcakes (also from The Kitchn) reminded me of my Whoopie Pie cookbook…I should really bust that out sometime soon. Maybe I’ll make some whoopies with the gaggle of strawberries I have sitting in my fridge right now.
- Macheesmo posted this kale and chick pea stir fry the day after I came home with a big bunch of green leafy kale! I have no doubt this will test The BF’s limit for food experimentation (he doesn’t like beans)…but he’s been warned, and my feelings won’t be hurt if he doesn’t loooove this one.
- I am pondering a blog redesign…an investment for sure…and am pulling together inspiration for it! This post over at Twig and Thistle got me loving the whole “dots” motif. These fabulous, French-bakery-type kitchens also inspired me.
- Elyssa over at State Dinner posted Rick Bayless’ menu from the State Dinner honoring Mexican President Calderon’s visit to the White House. I got a few pings on Twitter asking me about good Mexican food in DC which reminded me…there isn’t…so I should really got on planning that tamale party.
Have a great weekend, friends!