Know what Friday means? It means tonight I’ll dance around my apartment to my new favorite jam (that would be Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris). I’ll nurse my thumb wound (thanks a lot french press…and right after I said you were one of my favorite things!). But Friday means the weekend’s here and that means lots of lazy lounging, reading and cooking!
Here’s some articles I’ll be reading, now that I’ll have time to fully devote myself to them:
- Eater National‘s field guide to the chefs of Top Chef Masters Season 2…and while I’m at it, try to watch the season premier at some point.
- The Atlantic‘s feature on America’s underground chefs…there’s a couple dining experiences like this here in DC (here’s the Washington Post article on that)…maybe I’ll sign up for one!
- And I’ll be starting The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You’ll Cry this weekend. Florida Girl In DC reviewed it on her blog and then handed me the book after she finished it. I just finished In The Merde For Love by Stephen Clarke…it has me in a mood to read more books that take place in Paris, France.
- I’m sure many of you saw the New York Time’s article on photographing food. Not so much food photography…oh…you’ll see, just read it.
Now for the cooking!
- Pioneer Woman recreated perhaps my most favorite Starbucks treat of ALL FREAKIN TIME!!! The petite vanilla scones. Yep…if I can get my hands on some vanilla beans this weekend, I’m making them.
- Awhile back, Not Derby Pie posted a goat cheese cheesecake recipe that I was reminded of after last weekend’s quark cheese purchase at the Dupont Circle farmers market. I researched recipes yesterday so hopefully I’ll have a goat cheesy cheesecake to share with you next week!
- My friend Phil mentioned tres leches cake earlier this week, which reminded me of Patricia Jinich‘s Pastel de Tres Leches.
- The Kitchn ran a blog post about how to make the perfect cup of coffee from a french press! Well timed Kitchn!! Well timed. I’ll be following their directions this weekend.
That’s all for my weekend! What do you guys have on tap? Any good reads? Any recipes you’ll be trying?