What an inspiration. That bacon. Franks had that bacon chocolate chip ice cream sandwich and I really fell in love with it. So, much like the mascarpone pancakes, I wanted to recreate them. So here we go! I feel like I’m using the Bake Sale buyers as guinea pigs…I’m sorry guys…but I promise these are good!
PS – Oh I can’t wait to take pictures of these! Maybe even a few pictures of happy bake salers enjoying them?! Maybe?!
Adapted from Group Recipes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and bacon. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes (if you like ’em chewy!) or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.