So I just finished making a really lovely plum cake (post coming soon) and part of the prep calls for lining the bottom of the cake pan with parchment. To experienced bakers this is a pretty common thing, but when I first tried this out it was a mess! So here’s an easier way to do it.
- Fold a piece of parchment into quarters (top left)
- Place the corner of the parchment in the center of pan (top right)
- Cut the parchment along the outer edge of the pan (bottom left)
- Check that out! It’s like a slice of pie (bottom right)
- Open your pie slice and place it at the bottom of the pan (center)
- Ta da!! Your cake or whatever you’re making won’t stick to the bottom of your pan now!