I saw a few iterations of this recipe and then read a great tip about how to make crinkle cookies more crinkly with the confectioners sugar…and that’s when I decided that these cookies were mine to make.
The good news about these cookies is that they are super easy to throw together, quick to bake and have great taste. I say they’re a crowd pleaser, the empty storage box on my desk when I bring them to work says they’re a crowd pleaser.
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 (super moist) lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- white sugar for coating
- confectioners’ sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop cookie scopes of dough into a bowl of regular ‘ol white sugar (this will help the confectioners sugar stick). Toss the sugar over the ball of dough until coated. Move the ball into the bowl of confectioners sugar, toss ‘em around more. Once sugared, put them on an non-stick (or lined with parchment) cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven or until the edges are lightly browned.